Always looking for inspiration and yesterday I found it! During my daily Facebook check-in, I came across a fantastic challenge: 52 weeks to simplify your life
Had a quick read, thought I’m in! and got straight onto creating a blog. There is such an immense positive energy around this challenge, I can already feel 2012 is going to be great. To simplify sounds like it should be an easy task but is something that constantly evades me. My first step in finding a better me is to take part in this challenge. Wish me luck!
Task 1 = What went right in 2011…
1. My kids… I have loved watching them grow and bond together. Their personalities are different and I love the way they connect and their interests entwine. Some days they are best friends.
2. New friends & Coffee dates… I officially became a ‘mum who does coffee dates’ & now don’t know how I ever lived without coffee or my new friends!
3. Closing family business… this has actually been an uplifting experience. I have seen an exciting new side of my mum & love the infinite opportunity it brings.
4. Spirituality and Connectedness… 2011 was slow in lots of respects, but my inner growth has multiplied infinitely- though I feel it is only just beginning.
5. Family achievements… Mr 7 is still very passionate about learning and has discovered a new talent for playing basketball and telling fart jokes. Miss 4 had a fantastic year at kinder. She has amazed me with her new-found confidence and it’s a joy to hear her laugh and enjoying life. Mr 2 (and a half) has learnt how to talk and constantly brightens my day with his cheekiness and wicked laugh. Mr H finally got the courage to apply for a new job. We also welcomed a gorgeous new niece, who brings more love and energy to our family.
6. Me… I felt a desire to become more, to become better, to be happier. I also realised that this change can only come from me. It happened quite suddenly, and (I don’t know why) I decided to start with my weight. I am proud I lost 10.7kgs on my own and am back to my wedding weight.
In 2011 I was most grateful for family. Not many people have family they can also call their best friends.
It is also the year I started taking responsibility for my own life journey.
And so I say… Bring on 2012!